Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Best Sidekicks a Girl Could Ask For

To anyone reading this who doesn't know my sidekicks I am sorry. They are the best people anyone could ever ask for. And I'm not just saying that, it's really true. Alicia and Mel  are two people that have honestly just changed my life. I have learned several life lessons from both of them and each of them has taught me to take different things out of life.

Now let me tell you about my best friends. These two aren't just school friends, they're real friends. While I have only known them for about two and a half years now, I couldn't imagine life without them. They were perfect additions to the circle of friends I had from home and have been there when times have gotten rough.  

Alicia was the first person I would get to know when I came to college. We were roommates and hit it off from the first time we met. I think the fact that we were both New Englanders going to school in NC helped a little. Alicia would be one of the first people I told everything to. And I mean everything to. The best part of freshman year would be the weekends when Alicia would come back from her boyfriends and ask me what kind of shenanigans Mel and I managed to get ourselves into. I have to give her some props because she never really questioned or judged us for the weekends shenanigans. And trust me some of them you really had to be there to believe. Alicia is always there when you need someone to talk to or someone to complain about life to because she usually joins in too and you end up laughing in the end. Alicia is also the person that brought Mel into my life. 

Mel is the cookie to my milk, my partner in crime, and probably my better half. I met her freshman year too, after her and Alicia went on a Freshman retreat together. I didn't go due to football ( I'll explain later). The first time I met her I honestly had no idea that she was about to be my best friend and change my life forever. Mel and I definitely managed to get ourselves into quite the situations however we were never in trouble and we were usually in the situations due to other people. Mel is the one that will cry with me when we need to cry and laugh when it's time to laugh. When we are in a room together a dull moment will not be around. 

These two people have become two of the most important people in my life. I wish that everyone has people like my people. I don't know where in the world I would be without these two by my side. We are probably the most dysfunctional group of friends on the planet but hey that's ok, we make it work. So in this life of " Kelly things" just know that my two sidekicks always have my back. 

~Kelly~

No comments:

Post a Comment